The Park of Miramare is open to the public
every day from 8 am to 7 pm (last entry at 6.30 pm).
The Castle can be visited
every day from 9 am to 7 pm (last entry at 6.30 pm).
The Stables of the Castle of Miramare are open
every day from 11 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 5 pm
(last entry: 30 minutes before closing).
Castle + Focus on + exhibition € 12
Just Exhibit (single ticket) € 6
Castle + Focus on + Exhibition € 4
European Union citizens only, aged +18 | -26 upon showing passport or ID, and citizens of non-EU Countries only upon mutual agreement.
Park: free admission, except for the closing days (25th of December; 1st of January)
Proof of eligibility for free entry is to be shown when picking up your tickets.
- Children under 18 years of any nationality, showing passport or ID card. Children 12 must be accompanied by adults;
- Persons with disabilities are entitled to free priority access only if their handicap is certified under Law 104/92, D.M. 507/97 and D.M. 13/2019;
- Scholars, university students and teachers
- Student groups and teachers
- Tour guides and interpreters
- Journalists, only if enrolled in the Italian Association of Journalists. They are requested to show a valid certificate for the current year, in Italian or in English for foreign citizens (i.e. Press Card).
- Employees of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities;
- Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
- In case of studies and researches authorized by an Italian or international university, academy, school, research institute, or cultural organization, or by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, or for other justifiable reasons, the requesting parties may be granted free admission authorized by the Director of the Museum, which is valid only for specified periods of time;
Further free admission days to the Castle in 2019-2020:
- National Museum Week: March 5-10, 2019.
- The first Sunday of the six months between October 2019 and March 2020: 6 October 2019; 3 November 2019; 1 December 2019; 5 January 2020; 2 February 2020; 1 March 2020.
- June 2: Italian Republic Day
- September 22: European Heritage Day.
- October 13: Barcolana’s Day (Trieste’s regatta, the world’s largest sailing race)
- December 6: Feast Day of Saint Nicholas (particularly observed Feast Day in Trieste)
- Every Wednesday from 7 August to 18 December 2019 free admission from 4.30 to 6.30 pm
Admission to the park is free all year round, except for closing days (25/12 and 1/1).
The museum management may partially or fully close the facilities due to exceptional circumstances the public will be accordingly informed of.